There are two dads in my life - my own dad and my kids' dad. Both are amazing men. So here's a toast: (Raising wine glass) To Jack and Dad. I love you both more than words. But here are a few.
Ten Things I Love about My Dad
1. He loves playing around with mechanical things, and is curious about how they work
2. His hugs
3. How he still wants to hold my hand, even when I’m 34
4. How he seems to have forgiven me for all the times I didn’t want to hold his hand when I was a college kid
5. He values hard work and loves family life
6. When he fixes something 5 minutes after we’ve told him it’s not fixable
7. He plays with his grandkids so long that he falls asleep on the floor next to them
8. He just can’t resist kites, and he helps the kids to fly them
9. The moments when I realize how much I am like him – it means I’ll never feel like he’s completely gone
10. He is kindhearted, sincere, friendly, and beloved by so many especially ME!
Ten Things The Kids (and I) Love about Jack
1. He makes every mundane task much more fun. Want to play Daddy Ball Game? Let's clean the playroom so we have room to run!
2. Not all Daddys have patience to paint little girl toenails.
3. He's the most efficient person I know. Jobs done quickly = time to play with kids!
4. Vision. The kids learned how to sort laundry, put away their own dishes, and are learning to ride bikes without training wheels, all thanks to his guidance.
5. Run from DaddyMonster, run run! Aaaaaaaaaaa!
6. Who else could take over 18 months (and counting!) to count to 100. He is on 55.
7. The best night time snuggles and singing, hands down.
8. Only he could make kids giggle over spelling and math problems.
9. Games, games, and more games. We are never bored! (just board)
10. How every day, he shows his love to all of us with every action and every word.